Digital Forensics (4N6) is India’s 1st Digital Forensic publication. It is a congregation of industry experts, academia, and digital forensic enthusiasts who have come together to live a dream and contribute towards the Digital India initiative by enhancement of awareness and skillsets in the Digital Forensic field.
The Digital Forensics (4N6) journal has received the ISSN Number for Online Publication of Digital Forensics (ISSN: 2582-1172) and the RNI Number for Print Edition of Digital 4N6 (DELENG/2017/73087).
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission’s compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration.
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word or RTF document format.
- The text is single-spaced, uses a 12-point font, and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- One author has been designated as the corresponding author with the contact details such as email address and full postal address.
- The manuscript should:
- Include Abstract Concise and Factual abstract is required. The abstract should state briefly the purpose of the research, the principal results, and major conclusions (150 – 200 words)
- Include all keywords
- Include all files including relevant captions
- Include all tables including titles, description, footnotes
- Indicate clearly if color should be used for any figures in print
- Include author(s) photograph
- Include author(s) bio along with email address, contact No, LinkedIn ID, and other social media accounts
- Graphical Abstracts / Highlight files, wherever applicable
- Supplement files (wherever applicable)
- Images, tables, or any other graphics should have captions that are cross-referenced within the text.
- The manuscript has been “Spell Checked” and “Grammar Checked” before submission.
- Permission has been obtained for use of copyrighted material from other sources – including the internet/books/journal, etc.
- Referencing Style to be Used– APA style of Referencing is mandatory. Some links to learn and use APA. https://www.mendeley.com/guides/apa-citation-guide.
- General Points
- Make sure you use uniform lettering and sizing of your original artwork.
- Save text in illustrations as “graphics” or enclose the font.
- Only use the following fonts in your illustrations: Arial
- Number the illustrations according to their sequence in the text.
- Use a logical naming convention for your artwork files.
- Provide captions to illustrations separately.
- Produce images near to the desired size of the printed version.
- Divide your articles into clearly defined and numbered sections. Subsections should be numbered 1.1, 1.1.1…1.2, etc. Use this numbering also for internal cross-referencing; do not just refer to the text. Any subsection may be given a brief heading.
- Each heading should appear on its own separate line.
Digital Forensics (4N6) publishes a journal in Digital Forensic, Cyber Risk Management. Information Security, Cyber Security, Cyber Forensics, IoT, and much more. The journal provides a unique and distinguished forum worldwide for the exchange of ideas on diverse topics to organizations, institutions, law enforcement professionals, digital forensic experts, etc.
The journal considers research submissions and articles in various categories such as:
- Research Papers (limit 15 pages),
- Short Papers of Ongoing Research (limit 10 pages),
- Case Study: Review of proven design and operational practices that have been tested in forensic facilities or crime scenes (limit 10-12 pages),
- Researcher’s Own Thesis (limit 10-12 pages),
- Questionnaire – Know Your Investigator (limit 4-6 pages),
- Book Review (limit 2-3 pages),
- Articles on various topics (mentioned above) (limit 10-12 pages),
- Investigations (limit 5-7 pages)
- Security Tools, Techniques and Methodologies (limit 7 pages),
- Policies, Compliances and Legal Frameworks (limit 7 pages),
- Discussions on technologies, products, industry trends and solutions (limit 5-7 pages),
- Detailed examinations of trends and technologies in digital forensics and cybersecurity (limit 5-7 pages),
- An in-depth discussion on forensic facility or crime lab (limit 5-7 pages),
- Legal / Regulatory features: government, association, or industry policies that affect facilities, forensic practices or workers (limit 5 pages),
The journal takes professional plagiarism detection and prevention technology for its publication in order to ensure the submitted articles are original before it gets published. The journal receives submission-only via e-mail – [email protected]
Authors are expected to carefully consider the list and order of authors before submitting their articles and provide the complete list of authors at the time of submission. Any modification to the author names in the list provided should be made only before the articles have been accepted and approved by the journal editor(s). To request such modifications, the editor(s) must receive the following from the author: the reason for the change in the author list and written confirmation via email from all the authors agreeing to the changes.
In order for the journal to publish and circulate articles, the journal needs publishing rights. This is determined by Copyright Transfer Form (Refer Annex A) between the author and journal. This form deals with the transfer or license of the copyright to the journal and authors retain significant rights to use and share their own published articles.
All contributions will be initially assessed by the editor(s) for suitability for the journal. Papers deemed suitable are then sent to a minimum of two independent expert reviewers to assess the quality of the paper. The editor(s) is responsible for the final decision regarding acceptance or rejection of articles and the decision of the editor(s) is final.
After acceptance of the article corresponding author will receive an email for corrections to the article, eliminating the potential introduction of errors. We will do everything possible to get your article published accurately. Please use the email sent only for checking the typesetting, editing, completeness, and correctness of the text, tables, figures etc. Significant changes to the articles as accepted for publication will only be considered at this stage with permission from the editor(s). It is important to ensure that all corrections are sent back in “track change mode” to us in one communication. Please check carefully before sending the response as inclusions of any subsequent corrections/changes cannot be guaranteed. Proofreading is solely your responsibility. Please ensure you make the necessary changes within 7 to 10 working days from the time we have reviewed your manuscript. Failure to do so may lead to non-publication or postponement of another issue.
The corresponding author will, at no cost, receive the final published article and the article can be used for sharing via any communication channel, including email and social media.
For an extra charge, paper offprints can be ordered online: https://www.digital4n6journal.com/product/1-year-subscription-4-issues/
Both corresponding and co-authors may order offprints at any time. For any further queries/clarifications, the authors can write to us at [email protected]
Images and Graphics
- Do not embed images separately in PowerPoint files, or emails.
- Images should be at least five inches wide and 300 dpi.
- Crediting information and captions must be provided.
- Images used cannot be of a readily identifiable product in the market or not revealing any company or vendor’s vulnerable details.
- A max of four images, figures, and tables can be used in an article.
- An author passport size headshot is required.
- Referencing Style to be Used – APA style of Referencing.
- Some links to learn and use APA. https://www.mendeley.com/guides/apa-citation-guide.
- Download software for citation /referencing https://www.mendeley.com/?interaction_required=true.
- Download word plugin, so when you are typing in word, the plugin will automate the process for in-text citation as well as your bibliography.
- Citing of website https://www.citethisforme.com/